Sunday, March 15, 2009

SOFT POWDER!! FREEDOM!!














2 weeks ago on March 1st, we had a gorgeous snowfall here in Virginia that resulted in 8 to 10 inches, which is quite a bit for this area. It snowed for 18 hours so I took advantage of trying some night shots and then getting pictures of Molly first encounter with snow. Jack is born for the snow and he resists coming inside the house. Kenny enjoyed it too because the Virginia phenomena of no school for 4 days kicked in. From someone who grew up in the midwest, I find this ridiculous, but the roads were bad from what I hear.

Within 5 days, the snow was totally gone and the temperature was 70 degrees. This past week we had 3 days of 80 degrees. I thought for sure that Spring had sprung, but guess again -- on Friday, March 13 it snowed all morning. Thank goodness it switched to rain in the afternoon and now 3 days later it is still raining. So it goes in Virgnia!!!
















Snow pictures around the house and yard:


















Night pictures of the dogwood tree next to the house:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful pictures... just finished reading The Shack... thought it was great. Also, Starbucks Saved My Life and Marley and Me. love -Nancy

Anonymous said...

we wathched Marley and Me last night... best have one of the kids there to watch it with you... made me wish i had a dog again... big bro